Thank you for choosing Star Gems, Inc. for your custom designed fine jewelry piece. We truly appreciate your business and are dedicated to maintaining your continued satisfaction and loyalty. Your satisfaction with our products is our foremost priority. If you have any concerns or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
IT IS OUR GOAL TO MAINTAIN 100% CLIENT SATISFACTION
Accessing our website is equivalent of your signature and indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions and that you intend to be legally bound by them. If you use this site, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and maintaining the confidentiality of your account. Star Gems, Inc. reserves the right, at anytime, to alter, modify, or update these policies and you agree to be bound by such revisions.
Custom Order and Return Policy:
At Star Gems, our commitment to quality and client satisfaction is guaranteed. We back all our products with warranty from defects of manufacturing nature. All custom orders are non-refundable as they are made to order specifications. In the event of a manufacturing defect, we will gladly remake your piece. We cannot refund the purchase under any circumstances.
CAD Order Process:
Let our expert team help you create your own personalized jewelry, we can create almost anything.
Our custom design specialists will bring your inspiration to life by combining the latest design technology with our dedication to artistry and fine craftsmanship. We want to assure you a smooth process and clear understanding on how our custom process flows. This information will be very helpful for timeline determination for all pieces that you request.
Just send your picture or existing design info to: email@example.com and we will supply a free price quote the same day for the finished piece (this quote is good for 5 (five) days). Please include the preferred metal, specify center stone size and shape, identify any additional stones size, shape, and quantity, along with the finger size for accurate quoting.
Why Star Gems should do your Custom work?
- We don't charge a CAD fee, nor do we charge a fee to revise your CAD design
- You will receive a free price quote for the total cost of your custom piece. We strive for accurate pricing; however, there can be fluctuations in the global market that are out of our control, and your cost may need to be revised (either up or down).
- We manufacture in most metals including 10kt, 14kt, and 18kt White, Yellow, Rose, and Green Gold, Platinum, Palladium, and Silver
- We will happily modify any of our existing styles or create a new design around your design and specification
- Most CAD designs are generated in approximately 1 to 2 business days*
- The receipt of an e-mail is required for order confirmation and does constitute your full acceptance of the cost and approval of the order, without such e-mail, we will not proceed with manufacturing
- Our skilled designers and manufacturers can expertly incorporate your "special" stones or provide gemstones for your new piece
- You can make up to 3 changes at no charge, providing a final design is approved
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
* If we are to supply all materials and do not have any customer stones, a CAD can be prepared in 1 - 2 business days, if we wait on customer materials, it will be longer.
- If we are to supply all materials, gold, diamond, color and do not have to set any stones provided by you in the job, our CAD's are 1-2 business days and 3 weeks to delivery, the only exception to this rule would be if the piece requires special color or specialty cut stones.
- If we are reusing stones from you customer's ring, we send them to our factory after we receive them from you, so the time line on CAD will be approximately 2 (two) weeks as stones have to be measured in our factory to make sure we create a perfect piece and then 3 weeks for delivery so the time line on these jobs is extended for both receiving CAD's and for delivery as we ship parcels only once a week to the factory so sometimes your items may sit here for 3 - 4 working days before it gets exported to the factory.
- For all matching bands, we need the engagement ring on hand and we ship these to the factory so the timeline will be similar to Number 2.
- When we are supplying all materials for the Job, it is possible to offer "RUSH" service for an additional 10% extra on the price quote, but you must have approval from us to make sure we have RUSH jobs for the week and the factory is not booked completely before we confirm.
- Also, as we price quote jobs upfront, sometimes we may have a price change after a quote has been given, although this is rare, it can happen. As you are all aware the metal and gemstone markets fluctuate daily. If there is a delay in approving / placing the order, prices can fluctuate. Also if design changes are done it could reflect a price quote change as metal and diamond weights can impact the price.
If a CAD or CADS are provided and no order is placed within 15 days, you will automatically be charged $150.00 (one hundred fifty) for our time. If your customer places an order for the same item at a later date, the $150.00 will be credited to the new request.
Star Gems, Inc. will manufacture your custom pieces in a responsible, proven method and for the price quoted if possible; however, sometimes things happen that are beyond our control and the price may need to be adjusted. Remember, we always provide a free price quote.
All items will be shipped via Federal Express for overnight delivery with a $30.00 fee or for 2nd day delivery with a $20.00 fee.
Our warranty covers each item for defects in manufacturing only, based on sole determination of Star Gems. Star Gems will gladly repair or replace the item. If we need to repair, standard repair charges will apply; remember that not all jewelry items are repairable. You will be responsible for the shipping fees to and from us.
Any warranty is voided if the item has been worked on (i.e. sized, repaired, setting adjustments, ring modifications, engraving) by another jeweler other than Star Gems. Please remember that daily wear and handling, stones may become loose over time and may become dislodged. As with any delicate artistic creations, care must be taken to ensure years of enjoyment.
We take photographs of all incoming jewelry pieces, for everyone's protection.
We will not be responsible for lost or damaged items that may occur during shipping.
- Items received from customers to be restyled and reused
- New manufactured pieces prior to shipment to customers
Due to the natural elements of gemstones, they are susceptible to breakage; however, we will not send you a new custom piece with damaged stones. We will NOT use customer provided stones that are damaged.
Due to the natural variation in gemstones or semi-precious stones, we will do our best to match stones; however, we cannot guarantee that each item will be an identical match or that multiple orders of the same item will have identical stones - we will do our best to match the gemstones
If you need to match an existing gemstone, you will need to send the stone to match, pictures are not good representations.
When working with any customer provided material, please note that we cannot be held responsible for the color of the end product, we are not able to change the color of any provided material.
Star Gems, Inc. WILL NOT be responsible for any chips, breakage, or damage to stones the customer supplies.
Star Gems, Inc. WILL NOT use broken, chipped, or damaged customer stones in your project.
We make every effort to assess the condition of all stones received, we cannot guarantee the integrity of older gemstones, particularly soft stones (i.e. opals & emeralds) and therefore we are not liable for damages to supplied stones.
Star Gems, will guarantee our stones against defect (chip/breakage)